It would be so amazing.
Yeah, cause this show would be sooooo much better with some deadweight to marble mouth and IDGAF in the background with his hands stuffed in his pockets. Plus since Emma clearly never wanted him near her again and BagelSwan’s two week Epic True Booty Call was over a decade ago, I’m not sure WHY it would now be a thing again, but hey….I’m sure somehow all you BagelSwanners have made it work in your fanfic and headcanon.
Meanwhile the rest of us are really enjoying the actual canon show, as we anticipate the inevitable CS TLK and Goldemorte’s pride goeth-ing before the obviously Olympic fall he’s heading towards.
hmmmm…. yes it would be SO awesome especially because well:
1. He left her in jail (after she finally opened up to him even after having trust and abandonment issues because of her parents. Remember young! emma in the s3 finale? At the orphanage she was crying.)
2. Neal is the reason why her walls are so high. He is the reason why she gave Henry up. She didn’t think she was good enough for anyone (not for her family, her boyfriend, so certainly not her son).
3. She has trust issues, and is scarred for the REST OF HER LIFE. This goes back to him making her walls so high. Remember she said that she wore the necklace to remind herself to never trust again. She had so much trouble with opening up to MMB before and after she learned MM was her mom.
And don’t even get me started on how he was with her when she was 17.
1. The thing is Neal was already a man, and he was with a girl. She was 17 when she got pregnant, and gave birth at the age of 18. She was a minor pregnant with a minor.
2. He not only encouraged her to be with him, but encouraged the life of thievery.
3. It could be argued that August told Neal to leave her. But did he say to leave her in jail? No. August just wanted Emma to have a better life (which i totally agree with). No, Neal decided the best way to give her a fresh start was to let her take the fall for a crime that he committed. What’s even worse is that he sent her the key of their car. This indicates that he knew where she was, and what Emma had been through, yet showed no sign of helping.
4. May I just add that Neal was so scared of his father that he let an innocent girl suffer. This would totally make season 4 just spectacular.
Fast forward to S2 present
When Neal got the postcard that said Broken, what was the first thing he did? Did he go and check to see if Emma was okay? Nope, he went with his life like he would.
After Emma catches him in NY, he doesn’t even apologize. He doesn’t say much about how he left her. He just says that August threatened him by using Rumple as if it were self explanatory. News flash! It’s not.
He has no faith in her whatsoever. He automatically thinks her being suspicious of Tamara has everything to do with her “lingering feelings for him.” Neal told her that he never believed in her superpower. Imagine the one guy that supposedly was your happy ending, telling you that he doesn’t believe in the thing you’re good at. He says all of this in front of their son. It’s bad enough that he’s saying all those things but saying that in front of the boy who truly looks up to Emma is disgraceful.
Neal only started to fight forEmma after Tamara revealed that she was lying to him. Honestly, if he truly wanted to be with Emma again he would’ve said so when he was engaged, not just because his fiancé turned out to be bad the entire time.
You know what else is truly painful from all of this?
His actions were the reason Emma Swan was chained up when giving birth. Again, since Neal is the legal adult, he would make sure that an underage girl would be protected. If he truly cared about her and loved her, he would’ve made sure she was ALWAYS taken care of.
Also, he’s always talking about how it felt to be abandoned by his dad. He told Rumple that the worst thing to do to a child was to abandon them. Well, thanks hypocrite. Does he even acknowledge that he did this to Emma? He should understand what she’s going through, not just wave it off. He left Emma after he promised to be her home, and to start living a real life together. Then, boom! Neal abandons her.
Honestly, to all the Emma stans out there who ship Swanfire; I’m having lots of trouble as to see how their relationship is healthy for Emma.
He left her, and a man unwilling to fight for what he wants, deserves what he gets.
Agreed completely, but it’s even grosser. Math puts Emma at 16 when WetFire sexually abused her